As of the 1st November 2023 eligible patients will be bulk billed for general GP consultations at Health on Kensington.
To be eligible for this service you must be a valid Concession/ DVA card holder or be aged under 16 years of age.
This is part of the governments latest reforms to Medicare, with the introduction of the triple bulk bill incentive. With the introduction of the triple bulk bill incentive, it is not mandatory for GP Practices to bulk bill these eligible patients. However, Health on Kensington have opted to accept the bulk bill fees instead of charging this eligible patient group an out of pocket expense on their general consultations.
The triple bulk bill incentive applies to:
- Patients under 16 years of age
- Concession Card Holders
- DVA Card Holders
For the following Medicare services:
- All face to face general attendance consultations that are longer than 6 minutes (Level B, C, D and E)
- Level B video and telephone general attendance consultations
- Video and telephone consultations that are:
- Longer than 20 minutes (Levels C, D and E (Video only)) and
- the patient is registered with the practice through MyMedicare