At Health on Kensington, we offer a range of appointment types to help ensure we can provide appropriate services to all our patients in an efficient and optimal manner.
Longer consultation times are available, so please ask our receptionists if you require extra time. Every effort will be made to accommodate your preferred time and/or doctor.
Generally, our clinics run on time, however we are happy for patients to contact us to see if there have been any delays.
Some of the different appointment types we offer are:
Standard – 15 minutes
- Cervical Screening (Pap Smear)
- New Referral
- Antenatal Review
- Skin Check
- Eye Test
- Medication Review
- Smoking Cessation
- Light Vehicle Drivers Medical
- Heavy Vehicle Drivers Medical (exc. Road Train or Dangerous Goods)
Medium – 30 minutes
- Annual Health Checks
- New Antenatal/Pregnancy
- Centrelink Forms
- Multiple issues to discuss
Long – 45 minutes
- Mental Health Care Plan
- Extensive Paperwork/reports
- Multiple complex issues
New Patients – 30 minutes
If you are coming to Health on Kensington for the first time, please bring your:
- Current Medicare Card
- Concession Cards/Veteran Affairs Cards
- Reading glasses (if required) to complete paperwork
- Next of Kin/Emergency Contact Details
- Contact details of previous Medical Centre (if known)
Home Visits/Nursing Home Visits
In certain situations, a doctor may agree to do a home visit for patients living within a 5km radius of the practice.
Nursing home visits can be provided as routine, or when requested by the patient or the patient’s carer.